The Current State of TRID – Sponsored by the North Carolina Bankers Association
The seminar is presented by the North Carolina Bankers Association, the professional trade organization bringing together all categories of banking institutions that best represent the interests of our rapidly changing state.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Raleigh office of Smith Debnam
4601 Six Forks Rd. Suite 400
Raleigh, NC 27609
To register, please click the link below to access the registration page on the North Carolina Bankers Association website.
The TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule has been in effect for more than a year and there remains a learning curve for lenders, vendors and for the CFPB. In July of 2016, the CFPB issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to provide and clarify TRID and a final rule is expected in March 2017. Join us for a conversation about the evolution of and the current state of TRID, along with proposed changes to the Rule. Our discussion will include:
- An overview of TRID’s requirements
- Actual TRID implementation – what’s working and what’s not
- CFPB guidance and clarifications
- Compliance Tips for Lenders
- Amendments to TRID
This seminar is designed to provide technical and practical information regarding the evolution of TRID and how TRID affects community lenders, not only internally but in managing third parties. The seminar will focus on:
- Third-Party Management Procedures and the importance of written service provider lists
- Calculating Cash to Close
- Construction-to-Permanent Loans
- Multiple Closing Disclosures and sharing Closing Disclosures
- Uniform Closing Dataset for government-backed loans
Lunch will be served during this half-day program.