- Eight Smith Debnam Attorneys Recognized in 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers 2/16/2017:
- The Current State of TRID – Sponsored by the North Carolina Bankers Association 2/1/2017:
- Smith Debnam Releases its Winter 2017 Enforcement and Compliance Update 1/31/2017:
- Register Today: What Banks Need to Know Regarding Debt Collection under the CFPB (WEBINAR) 1/11/2017:
- Four Smith Debnam Attorneys Recognized in Business North Carolina’s “2017 Legal Elite” 1/5/2017:
- Smith Debnam Consumer Financial Services Litigation – Fall 2016 Update 12/2/2016:
- Caren Enloe Provides Insight on Compliance Lessons from the Wells Fargo Consent Order 9/21/2016:
- Seven Smith Debnam Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers® List 8/16/2016:
- Smith Debnam Enforcement and Compliance Update – Spring 2016 6/13/2016:
- Alicia Jurney Elected to North Carolina Bar Association Section Council 3/23/2016:
We are pleased to announce that eight Smith Debnam attorneys were recognized in the 2017 edition of North Carolina Super Lawyers, including two who were named to the “Rising Stars” category. Read More..
Smith Debnam attorneys Caren D. Enloe and Lauren V. Reeves will lead a LIVE discussion on what banks of all sizes need to know about TRID and how TRID affects community lenders. The seminar is presented by the North Carolina Bankers Association, bringing together all categories of banking institutions that best represent the interests of our rapidly changing state. Read More..
We are pleased to announce the release of Smith Debnam’s Winter 2017 Enforcement and Compliance Update. The update highlights recent enforcement actions handed down by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and FDIC against banks and other financial services providers. Read More..
In association with the North Carolina Bankers Association, Smith Debnam attorneys Jerry T. Myers and Caren D. Enloe will lead a webinar discussion Wednesday, February 1, 2017, on what banks of all sizes need to know regarding debt collection under the CFPB. In recent years, the CFPB has made clear its intent to overhaul the Read More..
Raleigh-based law firm Smith Debnam today announced that Business North Carolina Magazine has named four Smith Debnam attorneys to the magazine’s 2017 Legal Elite, a high-profile listing of the state’s top lawyers. Read More..
Smith Debnam released its inaugural publication of the Consumer Financial Services Litigation Update. The biannual update will cover recent and significant consumer financial services litigation cases taking place across the U.S. – and will highlight important measures that banks and non-bank financial services companies can adopt to ensure compliance with applicable statutes. Read More..
The Dodd-Frank Update, the number-one independent resource for news and analysis on the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, recently spoke to Smith Debnam attorney Caren Enloe about the CFPB’s $185 million consent order against Wells Fargo Bank NA for claims the bank opened nearly 2 million deposit and credit card accounts without customer approval. Read More..
Smith Debnam Narron Drake Saintsing & Myers, LLP is pleased to announce that seven lawyers have been named to the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and one of the most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession. Read More..
Smith Debnam announces its Spring 2016 Enforcement and Compliance Update. The update highlights several recent enforcement actions handed down by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and FDIC against banks and other financial services providers. Read More..
Raleigh, N.C. (March 23, 2016) – Raleigh-based law firm Smith Debnam today announced that Smith Debnam Partner and Board Certified Family Law Specialist Alicia Jurney has been elected to serve a three-year term as Council Member of the Dispute Resolution Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. The Dispute Resolution Section addresses issues that are Read More..