Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate
Smith Debnam’s commercial real estate attorneys have the legal understanding and relevant experience to effectively guide clients through all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Clients represented in this area include:
- Joint ventures
- Lending and financial institutions
- Professional organizations
- Individual investors
Our attorneys assist clients beginning with the planning phase and continuing by guiding clients through all the steps of their project including the acquisition, disposition, financing and utilization of the real estate. Our commercial real estate attorneys act as advocate and counselor in:
- Negotiating contract and financing terms
- Zoning and land use obstacles
- Drafting and preparing all documentation, including contracts regarding purchase and sale, contractors, developers, subdivision covenants, loan agreements and lease agreements.
- Landlord-tenant matters for business and retail facilities
- Communicating with municipalities and other government agencies regarding regulatory approvals and planning requirements.
Our attorneys also provide representation to financial institutions, developers, and businesses in loan workouts, foreclosure matters and real estate-related credit matters.
Residential Real Estate
We assist clients in all legal matters associated with purchasing, selling or financing private homes. Working with the first time homebuyer or the experienced investor our attorneys are here to help with all residential property needs.