The Collections Manager will primarily be responsible for managing a team of collection agents and administrative staff. This position will also monitor collections to forecast potential revenue and establish department goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, lead, and motivate a team of collection agents and administrative staff.
- Partner with Human Resources to oversee the training and development of the team.
- Evaluate staff performance by reviewing agent/consumer calls, production numbers, and collection processes for compliance.
- Provide continuous feedback regarding performance and compliance to direct reports.
- Monitor, develop, and implement collection strategies, such as dialer, manual call, and letter campaigns.
- Forecast weekly potential collection revenue for client reporting and establishing department monthly goals.
- Resolve escalated consumer disputes and/or complaints.
- Manage compliance of state and federal consumer protection laws and regulations such as FCRA, FDCPA, UDAAP, and TCPA.
- Prepare and participate in client audits of collection processes and compliance.
- Evaluate current collection policies and procedures for compliance and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience successfully managing a staff of 15 or more employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Understanding of the legal process is a plus.
- Prior law firm or financial services experience is a plus.
- Understanding of state and federal consumer protection laws.
- Strong ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Ability to demonstrate collections negotiation.
- Proven ability to achieve monthly revenue quotas.
- Experience training and developing teams.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in creating advanced-level Excel Reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.