This position is responsible for monitoring and reconciling all transactions for money received and processed through our client trust accounts. Ensuring that all transactions performed are being handled according to prescribed policies and procedures and maintaining controls established to safeguard client assets. This position will also manage monthly bank reconciliations and work directly with clients to ensure ongoing compliant practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile monthly trust accounts statements with the bank as well as reconcile to the system balance.
- Post all funds received and prepare remittance reports for clients.
- Create daily web-pay reports and auto-post payments as they are funded in each client trust account.
- Update web payments into the collection system twice daily.
- Prepare a daily deposit reconciliation file for all payments received.
- Validate bank accounts in the system and generate a monthly checklist.
- Reverse all cost checks received and code accordingly.
- Prepare documentation for client audits as needed.
- Cut all cost checks and distribute client invoices for the department, adhering to client requirements.
- Review and prepare deposits for client trust accounts.
- Process client cost and fee invoices and prepare commission fee recon reports.
- Reconcile SC e-file invoices to the charge statement and transfer costs to the proper account.
- Process weekly invoices for Fed Ex, Cert Mail, and E-File.
- Update clients’ weekly forecasts and goals for the Collections department and client reporting.
- Assist with financial tasks and trust account projects as needed.
- Review and update Policies and Procedures as needed.
- Escheating funds
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum associate degree in accounting/finance or another related field, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum six months to 1 year of finance or accounting experience
- Basic understanding of accounting processes such as ledgers, credits, and debits.
- Advanced mathematical skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Office with strong working knowledge of Excel functions.
- Ability to multitask prioritize workflow, and work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to process large volumes of work in an efficient and precise manner.
- Strong attention to detail with proficient organizational skills.