As Manager of Human Resources, Katherine oversees all strategic HR functions for the Raleigh and Charleston offices of Smith Debnam. Katherine partners with the firm’s executive management to meet strategic goals through staffing, training, professional development, diversity and inclusion, and compliance efforts. In addition, she continuously monitors employment laws, organizational trends, and best practices to ensure an equitable workforce for current and potential employees. Katherine joined Smith Debnam in 2021 and brought human resource experience from the solid waste management, manufacturing, and wholesale industries.
Katherine is a native of Knightdale, North Carolina but now calls Johnston County home. She attended Meredith College, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources. She enjoys spending time with her children and two Rottweilers. Katherine and her family are active members of Faith Baptist Church, where they lead small groups for high school students.
- B.S., Business Administration, Human Resource Management Concentration, Meredith College, 2015
- Advisory Committee Paralegal Program, Meredith College – Member, 2022 to present
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)– Member, 2021 to present
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, ALA Raleigh-Durham Chapter – Member, 2021 to present
- Raleigh Metro Society for Human Resource Management – Member, 2015 to present
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member – 2012 to present
- Senior Professional in Human Resources – April 2019
- Archer Lodge Athletics – T-ball Assistant Coach – 2022
- Faith Baptist Church of Knightdale, NC – Youth Leader since 2021
- Troop Leader – Girl Scouts of NC Coastal Pines – 2017 – 2021
- Awana Leader – Faith Baptist Church – 2013 – 2019