File Intake Clerk is an administrative support position in the Consumer Collections department, responsible largely for the handling of new client accounts. While processing data, thorough reviews are performed to ensure accuracy of information, as well as adherence to both client and legal guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize client-provided data to set up new claims in the system (both manual and electronic).
- Review all data imported for accuracy and formatting errors.
- Load and review daily updates from clients.
- Download and import Account Level Documentation (i.e., contracts, applications, etc.)
- Review Account Level Documentation for accurate balances and consumer information.
- Maintain strong communication and customer service with client base.
- Run manual and automated credit check reports.
- Identify and correct balance discrepancies as necessary.
- Generate and send Initial Notice letters with accurate balance and file information.
- Process judgments obtained by previous firms in both practicing and non-practicing states.
- Ability to work independently and maintain control of a varying number of files for different clients, in different stages of the litigation process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prefer Associates degree and/or a minimum of 1-2 years equivalent experience.
- Proficient with creating and revising Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to analyze and decipher data such as: status of debtor payments, account balances, status of litigation process in client reports. Ability to discover client account errors and present solutions.
- Understanding of the collection litigation process, a plus
- Ability to multi-task a variety of assignments regularly
- Proven ability to work with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in basic math: adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure.
- Proficient organizational skills and strong ability to attend to details.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 WPM or more.