A.T. brings a wise and enduring perspective to her work as a Board Certified Family Law Specialist. An accomplished attorney with over a decade of experience in family law, she’s passionate about counseling clients toward outcomes that foster new beginnings – helping clients not just finalize an ‘ending’ but conceive a new chapter. It’s no wonder she develops lasting relationships with clients long after their cases have concluded.
A.T. confesses, she feels a profound responsibility to serve the best interests of her clients as their “Counselor at Law.” To say she takes the “counselor” part of her law degree seriously is an understatement. She cares deeply about her clients. She recognizes the pressure they’re experiencing – the emotional toll, the anxiety of having to hire a lawyer, the legal process, all of it – can feel overwhelming and isolating. For this reason, A.T. approaches each case with a dutiful purpose – she’s thorough in every detail but never loses sight of the bigger picture and what it means for her client. She believes strong advocacy begins with creating a safe space for clients to express themselves – she listens to their needs, goals, and fears. Clients frequently describe her as an agent for change – and while that may be a moniker, she humbly accepts; she would be the first to tell you that her clients are the real heroes.
Known for her honesty and compassion, A.T.’s a firm believer in being candid and upfront with clients. With clarity and reassurance, she artfully guides clients through every step of the legal process. Logically and methodically, she helps them “see around corners” – to know what’s ahead – for their peace of mind. This philosophy informs her counsel in every matter– from simple, uncontested divorces to complex multi-million dollar equitable distribution cases, from cases involving closely held businesses to high conflict child custody cases. She has been a Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization since 2014, and a certified family financial mediator through the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission since 2018.
A gifted attorney with a reputation for excellence, when asked what she enjoys most about being a lawyer, A.T. states, “creating and maintaining client relationships is what I truly enjoy. If I can help someone navigate one of the hardest times in their lives and have them come out in a better place, then I have done my job.”
A.T. is a native of Zebulon, North Carolina. She enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
- North Carolina State Bar, 2009
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 2009
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
- JD, Elon University School of Law, 2009
- BA, Wake Forest University, 1998, Communications
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization, 2014
- Certified Family Financial Mediator, North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, 2018
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Editor (former) of the North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Section Newsletter, 2011-2012
My Practices & Services
- Alienation of Affection
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Child Custody and Visitation Rights
- Child Support
- Divorce and Separation
- Domestic Relations
- Domestic Violence and Protective Order
- Family Law
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreement
- Property Division and Equitable Distribution
- Separation Agreement